[Israel.pm] YAPC::Israel::2005 first notes

Uri Bruck bruck at actcom.net.il
Wed Feb 23 05:30:54 PST 2005

Gabor Szabo wrote:

> I hope others will write down their experience with the
> conference we had on Thursday, let me write a few notes
> by myself.

I enjoyed the conference. I don't have much basis for comparison with
previous YAPCs. I attended the previous ones, but this one was the first
time I took a more active role as a speaker.
First I'd like to thank the organizers. For me, as participant and
speaker, the organization seemed mostly transparent, and that usually
means it was well done.
I found the talks I attended to be informative. Some provided pointers I
may follow up on, at least for the purpose of acquiring more knowledge
on the subject. I also got some good responses on my own talks.
One of them was a updated version of a talk I'd previously given in a
perl mongers meeting, the one abut SOAP. The other one, which concerned
perl and chess variants, was about a work-in-progress. Seeing as there
wer every few of the pm regulars there, if there's interest, I'm willing
to give a variant of this one in an upcoming monthly meeting (and I
promise to try to make it interesting even for those who did attend this
talk in YAPC).
Other than that, I mingled, I exchanged cards. I came, I saw, I perled!

--
Thanks,
Uri