[Israel.pm] YAPC::Israel::2005 first notes

Gabor Szabo gabor at perl.org.il
Tue Feb 22 23:09:50 PST 2005

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005, Yaron Golan wrote:

> However, I think that if one can't distinguish between $ @ and %, he won't
> get any use of the YAPC.
> Do a Perl course, then come and expand your knowledge.

Oh, I'd be glad if everyone came to my Perl course ...
but I realize some people will prefer to go to the beginners track of
YAPC. After all that's what it is for.

Maybe it should have started with an even lower level introduction
to teach what are the sigils. I don't know.
Anyway, we are looking for volunteers to teach beginners between
18:00-18:45 on the monthly meetings. So if anyone would like to
volunteer.

> About the auction:
> I, personally, prefer to have a price list over the available item for sale.

Assuming that's a starting price then it is ok, otherwise it is not an
auction any more. In any case someone has to write down those prices in
advance which is pretty hard when things arrive in the last minute.

Ohm yes thanks for going to the airport for picking up the books.

> In addition, I would really appreciate the ability to buy them during the
> whole day instead of waiting for the last minute.
I am not sure it is good as we lose the dynamics but if the whole thing
started an hour earlier it would have helped I guess.

> If needed, I volunteer to be the seller next year.

thanks