[Israel.pm] Perl conference tomorrow

Gabor Szabo gabor at perl.org.il
Wed Feb 16 05:26:03 PST 2005

Just a reminder, especially for those who are
*not yet* [1] registered to the conference.

Tomorrow, on the 17th of February we are going to have
our 3rd annual Perl Conference, in short YAPC.
http://www.perl.org.il/YAPC/2005/

Sponsors
--------

The Interdisciplinary Center Herzliya
http://www.idc.ac.il/
Providing the venue

Actcom (ISP)
http://www.actcom.co.il/
Providing cash for printing the proceedings

Dimi Telecom
http://www.dimitel.com/
Providing 2 Digium IAXy adaptors  and 2 Digium FXO Cards
that we will sell in auction during the conference
(See the Asterix presentation)

O'Reilly
http://www.oreilly.com/
Providing books for the auction

McGraw-Hill
http://www.mcgrawhill.com/
Providing books for the auction

Perl Training Israel
http://www.pti.co.il/
Stuff for the auction

The Auction
-----------
At the end of the conference we will sell the
presents we received from various sponsors.
The money we collect will go to The Perl Foundation
http://www.perlfoundation.org/

It will help financing Perl5/Perl6/Parrot development
by providing scholarships to a number of people such
as Larry Wall.

The German Perl Workshop has just raised over 4000 USD
in the last week. For an interesting discussion about the
funds see
http://use.perl.org/article.pl?sid=05/02/14/1523219&tid=37&tid=42

So while we are smaller than the GPW, I hope we'll be able
to show that we can also suport the future of Perl with a
few dimes.

Bring cash, check and credit card.

The schedule
http://www.perl.org.il/YAPC/2005/schedule.html

Gabor

[1] Those who are registered will get a separate e-mail
     in their mail box.