[Israel.pm] GUI In Perl

Gaal Yahas gaal at forum2.org
Mon Feb 7 23:06:05 PST 2005

Guy Serfaty wrote:

>I've been looking for some details about Perl GUI.
>
>I need to develop a small popup window (with buttons) that sends a
>certain data.
>
>The GUI should work In UNIX and Windows environments.

I like GTK+ http://www.gtk.org/ , which comes with Perl bindings (Gtk2
on CPAN).

But if what you need is small and portable, you may do better with the
simpler Tk. (GTK 2 blows away Tk, but is harder to install on Windows.)
Another option is wxWindows, but I've never done anything with it
myself. Google around.

>After that. I'm supposed to develop something of a little be
>complication which is a full window that integrates with SNMP (does Perl
>got a SNMP API package?), shows Icons, jpg and so on.

CPAN has Net::SNMP. It works.

--
Gaal Yahas <gaal at forum2.org>
http://gaal.livejournal.com/