[Israel.pm] web automation

Gabor Szabo gabor at perl.org.il
Mon Feb 7 13:01:36 PST 2005

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, Issac Goldstand wrote:

> Such a module exists (kinda).  JavaScript::SpiderMonkey.
Oh  I see.

> The problem is that
> much web-based javascript does something to the widgets provided by the
> browser, or to the current DOM, which aren't necessarily provided by
> Mecahnize modules (maybe Win32::IE::Mechanize is different - never touched it
> and I'm too busy trying to actually finish my YAPC talk to look now).

Win32::IE::Mechanize is actually driving a real IE but there might be
restrictions on what you can reach from a Perl script outside of that.

> to Perl-land (I sent patches to JS::SM, but I don't think they were ever
> brought in) which would help in this latter case...

Maybe you should post a note about your patch to the newly created web
forum of this module:
http://www.cpanforum.com/dist/JavaScript-SpiderMonkey

;)