[Israel.pm] Ajax and Perl

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Mon Dec 19 02:07:37 PST 2005

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 11:58:05 +0200, Gbor Szab wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I would like to see a presentation and demo on using Ajax especially with Perl
> either on one of our meetings (and then we will have one in January
> ;-) or on OSDC
> or both.
>
> There is a module called CGI::Ajax, but is there more to it?

I like (and used) HTML::Prototype, which is a so-so module (being a
port of a ruby on rails library). It could be better, but it does
the job.

There is a short movie on the catalyst wiki
(http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/wiki/Movies) that demonstrates how to
use prototype to generate some javascript that will then make a
callback to a URI, and then how to handle this callback on the
Catalyst side.

I have an app that I can share that uses ajax for a CRUD like
interface - live searching, adding, removing, and editing items in a
table in place, and also handling authentication and error handling
with ajax. Let me know if you want it.

 /\  kung foo master: MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM: neeyah!