[Israel.pm] changing the shell called by system()

Madani, Srikanth, VF-DE Srikanth.Madani at vodafone.com
Fri Aug 26 05:52:13 PDT 2005

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 16:59, Offer Kaye wrote:
> Is there a way to change the shell called by the system() (and
> backticks) command?
> Currently sh is called, I would like to change it to tcsh.

Out of curiousity, why do you need to change it?

If you wish to have access to shell variables set exclusively by a tcsh
login file, or features of the shell not available in /bin/sh, perhaps
you can write the relevant tcsh script (starting with
#!/usr/local/bin/tcsh etc.) and call it via system()?

Cheers,
Srikanth Madani

You can sometimes count every orange on a tree but never all the trees
in a single orange.
		-A.K.  Ramanujan