[Israel.pm] parameter in xml

Omer Zak omerz at actcom.co.il
Thu Apr 14 04:01:16 PDT 2005

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Ernst, Yehuda wrote:
> Does any one know how to extract a parameter that comes from xml quarry?
>
> i send http://x.y.z.w/xmlquary.asp
>
> and i get back xml doc.
>
> that inside there is a=5
>
> i need to extract the a=5 out and use it in my code?

1. Inside which tag is the above clause enclosed, is it text or attribute
value?
2. Use one of the packages which implement SAX or DOM and use it to
retrieve the relevant information from the tag.

Since my XML experience is in the world of Python, I cannot quote Perl
package names this time (in Python: xml.sax or xml.dom).

                                             --- Omer
I may be affiliated in any way.