[Israel.pm] israel.pm meeting

Roman M. Parparov romm at empire.tau.ac.il
Tue Apr 12 22:34:35 PDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 03:04:45PM +0300, Kfir Lavi wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 April 2005 10:12, you wrote:
> > Ok, I checked the room. It is very nice and cozy.
> > It may hold 20 people easily, 25 are ok, 30 might be a bit crowdy.
> >
> > The projector is currently broken but it is expected to be repaired
> > today or tomorrow.
> >
> > The internet is a bigger problem, because the ethernet socket there
> > only serves (dhcp) the laptops from that building, and even I am not
> > from that building. It might work out for me though, but other laptops
> > are out of the question for the internet connection.
> ok,
> I know how to crack it in linux. I did it many times.
> You copy the MAC address of the laptop.
> Then run the command:
> ifconfig eth0 hw ether 31:32:33:34:35:36
>
> when 31:32:33:34:35:36 is the new MAC address.
>
> This works in my laptop, and i guess on most of the laptops (the ethernet
> driver have to support mac address swapping).
> I could bring my laptop and ppl can use it for their presentations.
>
> kfir

There will be no cracking, hacking or whichsoever other unauthorized
attempt of usage of Tel-Aviv University network.

I thought it was obvious and we are all grown up enough to understand it.

--
Roman M. Parparov - NASA EOSDIS project node at TAU technical manager.
Email: romm at empire.tau.ac.il		   http://www.nasa.proj.ac.il/