[Israel.pm] israel.pm meeting

Kfir Lavi kfirlavi at actcom.co.il
Tue Apr 12 05:04:45 PDT 2005

On Tuesday 12 April 2005 10:12, you wrote:
> Ok, I checked the room. It is very nice and cozy.
> It may hold 20 people easily, 25 are ok, 30 might be a bit crowdy.
>
> The projector is currently broken but it is expected to be repaired
> today or tomorrow.
>
> The internet is a bigger problem, because the ethernet socket there
> only serves (dhcp) the laptops from that building, and even I am not
> from that building. It might work out for me though, but other laptops
> are out of the question for the internet connection.
ok,
I know how to crack it in linux. I did it many times.
You copy the MAC address of the laptop.
Then run the command:
ifconfig eth0 hw ether 31:32:33:34:35:36

when 31:32:33:34:35:36 is the new MAC address.

This works in my laptop, and i guess on most of the laptops (the ethernet
driver have to support mac address swapping).
I could bring my laptop and ppl can use it for their presentations.

kfir