[Israel.pm] Perldoc searches using Firefox

Offer Kaye offer.kaye at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 13:25:56 PDT 2005

Hi all,
If you use Firefox, I think you will find these 3 quick searches
handy. I use them all the time now :-)

1. Use "pd" as the keyword to the (topic) quicksearch:
http://perldoc.perl.org/%s.html

2. Use "pdf" as the keyword to the (function) quicksearch:
http://perldoc.perl.org/functions/%s.html

3. Use "pdg" as the keyword to the quicksearch:
http://www.google.com/search?q=%s+site%3Aperldoc.perl.org+-filetype%3Apdf
(if any of the above URLs fold, copy-paste to one line)

So I can type "pd perlsyn" to jump to the perlsyn page, "pdf join" and
jump to the join function page, or "pdg hash" and get a Google search
for the word "hash" on perldoc.perl.org, with PDF files excluded.

Firefox rocks :-)

Offer Kaye