[Israel.pm] system independent replacement of Mail::Cap

Moshe Kaminsky kaminsky at math.huji.ac.il
Wed Sep 29 23:46:54 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm looking for a module with functionality similar to Mail::Cap : given
a content type string like 'image/jpg', I would like to be able to
obtain the application that the system thinks can be used to view
documents of this type. The Mail::Cap module does this for systems that
support mailcap. But is there a module that does it system
independently? if not, is there a module that does it on windows?

Thanks,
Moshe

                                        -- Douglas Adams

    Moshe Kaminsky <kaminsky at math.huji.ac.il>