[Israel.pm] Using CPANPLUS to install Module::Build as non-root user

Offer Kaye offer.kaye at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 06:55:27 PDT 2004

Hi all,
Has anyone managed to install Module::Build using CPANPLUS as a
non-root user? What should be placed in "makemakerflags"? LIB (which
is in the documentation and is mentioned during the CPANPLUS setup
process) doesn't work, neither does PREFIX. I can't have only
"install_base" defined, because the modules which don't work with
Module::Build still need PREFIX, but if I have PREFIX (and
install_base!)  defined, I get an error:

Sorry, PREFIX is not supported.  See the Module::Build
documentation for 'destdir' or 'install_base' instead.

As if Module::Build doesn't "see" install_base, even though it is there:

Running [/usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/home/offer/bin/perl/CPAN
install_base=/home/offer/bin/perl/CPAN]...

Help!
Thanks in advance,
--
Offer Kaye