[Israel.pm] HTTP file upload

Yuval Yaari yuval at windax.com
Mon Sep 27 12:37:05 PDT 2004

> I am trying to use the http://validator.w3.org/ from a script.
>
> I found a module WebService::Validator::HTML::W3C that does this
> but it can only use the "Validate by URL" form and not the
> "Validate By File Upload".
>
> Does anyone have a ready made script here that can get a filename on
> my disk and upload it via an HTTP upload such as the one for the
> validator?
>
> I'd appreciate a pointer before I reinvent the wheel.

Didn't Larry Wall say something about reinventing the wheel? :)
You guys hopefully know what I'm talking about.

To the main point: HTTP::Request::Common.
Knowing you, I know I can tell you to RTFM and you won't get insulted (sorry
if this is a mis-assumption).
Start reading where it says:
POST $url, [$form_ref], [Header => Value,...]
Emphasis on where it says "RFC 1867".

Sorry, I don't have already-written code... You'll manage ;)

  --Yuval