[Israel.pm] how do I specify a pathname with spaces on win32

Yuval Yaari yuval at windax.com
Mon Sep 27 12:29:03 PDT 2004

> How do I call the VPN-connection-object from a batch / perl script ?

It's nice that you call it a "connection-object" :)
If it were, you would be one happy camper.

> I tried using:
> "explorer c:\desktop\vpn.lnk",
> this makes it work with interactive response,
> but at the same time, perl doesn't block on it, and
> the result is trying to add the route before the connection was made.

How are you going to "press" the buttons (tried Win32::GuiTest ?)???
How are you running the command?
Does Perl "block" if you run, e.g, calc (some executable for that matter,
something that isn't a "connection-object")?
Give us code, please.

> Also, I'd like to make it run non-interactive.

Can you use a different OS? I'm not kidding.
What VPN client are you using?

  --Yuval