[Israel.pm] HTTP file upload

Offer Kaye offer.kaye at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 12:02:53 PDT 2004

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:46:06 +0200 (IST), Gabor Szabo wrote:

> I am trying to use the http://validator.w3.org/ from a script.
>
> I found a module WebService::Validator::HTML::W3C that does this
> but it can only use the "Validate by URL" form and not the
> "Validate By File Upload".
>
> Does anyone have a ready made script here that can get a filename on
> my disk and upload it via an HTTP upload such as the one for the
> validator?
>
> I'd appreciate a pointer before I reinvent the wheel.
>
> Gabor

On the Validator source page:

http://validator.w3.org/source/

There's a link to  a Perl CGI script called "check" - you might want
to use that (or base your script on it). The link is:

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/validator/httpd/cgi-bin/check?only_with_tag=validator-0_6_0-branch

There's also a link there to an httpd.conf configuration file snippet
for Apache.
The source page also has pointers to deb and rpm packages.

Also, instead of using the online service, you might consider
installing it locally. The installation instructions are at:
http://validator.w3.org/docs/install.html

Hope this help :-)
--
Offer Kaye