[Israel.pm] escaping the values of XML attributes

Yuval Yaari yuval at windax.com
Wed Sep 22 15:46:05 PDT 2004

> DBI's function 'quote' guerentis to quote every unsusal charecter from
> your
> string.
> I just don't know if there is an un-quote function.
> Chack it out.

DBI's quote method would quote it so it would "work" in SQL.
I don't think it reflects Shlomo's question.

Back to the main issue: Uri mentioned HTML::Entities, which should do the
job.
HTML::Mason uses it for its | h magic
(http://www.masonbook.com/book/chapter-2.mhtml#TOC-ANCHOR-4 "Escaping
substitutions").

I am almost positive that XML entities are 100% the same as HTML entities.
I am not an XML fiend (far from it, actually) so I don't know for sure.

  --Yuval