[Israel.pm] returning XML from CGI

Yuval Yaari yuval at windax.com
Tue Sep 21 01:06:59 PDT 2004

Shlomo Yona said:
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Yuval Yaari wrote:
>
>> This might be a stupid question, but does $xml_document store valid
>> XML (i.e:  the browser should show it correctly)?
>
> The XML need not be valid only well formed in order to be
> properly displayed, as far as I know.
>
> And yes, it is well formed.

I'm trying to remember if "need not be valid" is proper Queen's English... :)
But I trust a linguaphile such as yourself.

You missed the point where you save the file and try to open it locally
and not through an HTTP server.
This should tell you if it's a problem with the file's content or the HTTP
headers you're sending.

  --Yuval