[Israel.pm] 2Q: sslserver and broken ensim

Evgeny Gesin evgenygesin at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 20 14:39:30 PDT 2004

Hi,
I don't know if these questions relative to this
mailing list, so in any case please accept my
apologies. I searched answers on the Internet, but
these seems to be very specific cases..
-----
Question 1
-----
I have a *plain* Red Hat 7.x server for some years.
Recently I found that there is an old ensim-appliance,
which left from a previous owner of the server:

# rpm -qa | grep ensim
ensim-appliance-l-3.1.4-1

with many existing* ensim files: "rpm -ql
ensim-appliance-l-3.1.4-1".

I try to remove ensim rpm, but get this error:

# rpm -e ensim-appliance-l-3.1.4-1
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.77762:
/etc/appliance/scriptsLib-3.0/common.lib: No
such file or directory
error: execution of %preun scriptlet from
ensim-appliance-l-3.1.4-1
failed, exit status 1

The /etc/appliance/scriptsLib-3.0 directory doesn't
exists.

Ensim is not used on that computer. I need to remove
it from the rpm database first, and then, if some
ensim files will left, I will remove them manually.

-----
Question 2
-----

I installed ucspi-ssl-0.68 (RedHat 9 with
openssl-0.9.7a-20.2) without error messages. I want to
use its "sslserver", which is a replacement to
"tcpserver", to connect to qmail (1.0.5) SMTP and POP3
via SSL. I installed all ucspi-ssl and qmail patches.

The sslserver logs a warning each time when client
(KMail) sends or reads e-mail

sslserver: warning: dropping connection, unable to
speak SSL: error:00000005:lib(0):func(0)H lib

E-mails are read and send, but via unsecure tcp
connection (sslserver switches to tcpserver mode).

Thank you for your advices.
Shana tova.
Evgeny