[Israel.pm] [OT] How many newsgroup members does it takes to change a light bulb?

Madani, Srikanth, VF-DE Srikanth.Madani at vodafone.com
Wed Sep 15 02:46:00 PDT 2004

I don't remember where I got this from, but I'm sure most of us have witnessed similar posts in other forums!
Cheers and Shana Tova,
Srikanth Madani

Q: How many newsgroup members does it takes to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb
    has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs
    and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing
    light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"
    ... and another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term
    is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that
    "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this newsgroup is not about light bulbs and to
    please take this discussion to a lightbulb newsgroup
11 to defend the posting to this newsgroup saying that we all use
    light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this newsgroup
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior,
    where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work
    best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the
    corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to
    this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all
    headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they
    cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting
    questions about light bulbs"
1 newsgroup lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from
    now and start it all over again.