[Israel.pm] setenv in perl

Yaron Golan ygolan at mercury.com
Thu Sep 2 06:22:17 PDT 2004

Try :
Print "$ENV{YOUR_VARIABLE}\n";

-----Original Message-----
From: perl-bounces at perl.org.il [mailto:perl-bounces at perl.org.il] On Behalf
Of Shlomi Bakish
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 4:17 PM
To: perl >> 'Perl in Israel'
Subject: [Israel.pm] setenv in perl

I'm working on unix platform.
I have a device that uses a proriety programing language (very limited).
I can run a perl script from within the code, but the only 2 ways to get
back a result, is by reading a file, or reading environment variables.
I don't want to use files for transfering a single result.
how can I use perl to do setenv ? 'system' seems to use sh, no setenv there.
Even if I could do setenv, will it still be defined in the parent process ?