[Israel.pm] OOP in Perl

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Thu Sep 2 06:10:05 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 10:30 am, Eitan Schichmanter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need to give a presentation about OOP in Perl in my work place to our
> group. I used to have one but I misplaced it and can't seem to find it (I
> think I never made backups and in a resent job transfer, it stayed
> there...).
>
> If anyone is willing to share a presentation on the above subject I'd be
> grateful.

Well, I don't know how helpful it would be to you, but my own presentation
about it is:

http://vipe.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/lecture/Perl/Newbies/lecture3/

Read below for comments on what it covers and what not.

> The presentation should include (about 90 minutes length):
> * modules

It covers modules.
> * blessing a class (or an object reference)

Yep.

> * use Export (for inheritance)

You probably mean use Exporter;. I cover use Exporter, and I also cover
inheritance, which is a completely different subject.

> * overloading

Function overloading? Operator overloading? I don't cover operator
overloading.

> * 'encapsulation' (using _subname for convention-hiding)

I don't cover this, but it can be easily added.

Shlomi Fish      shlomif at iglu.org.il