[Israel.pm] Suggestion for lectures

Ran Eilam eilara at cortext.co.il
Wed Oct 27 16:53:09 PDT 2004

> I wonder if there's any interest in a lecture that discusses
> data structures?

Personally I am more interested in the software engineering (vs. the
CompSci) side of things, but because it  is our gamal Shlomo we are talking
about, I am sure it will not be boring.

I would be interested in things that would be practical for my Perl job.
Areas where I suspect Shlomo is an expert:

* What is there on CPAN for various kinds of graphs?

* What can we do to reduce memory usage of our huge data structures?

* how does Perl implement our good friends the array/list/hash? How does it
give us such flexibility in using then? Are there hidden performance traps?

* As always, the history of the ideas is fascinating

Ran