[Israel.pm] Suggestion for lectures

Sagiv Barhoom sagivba at 012.net.il
Wed Oct 27 15:39:42 PDT 2004

ביום רביעי, 27 באוקטובר 2004, 16:05, נכתב על ידי Offer Kaye:
> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:09:02 +0200 (IST), Shlomo Yona
>
> <shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I wonder if there's any interest in a lecture that discusses
> > data structures?
>
> Yes
me too... but in the context of perl programming.
I assume most of us know about data structures and related algorithms ( sorts ,bin and RedBlack trees etc').
for me, the really interesting part is how does  one implements data structures in Perl (hash tables are very clumsy way).
how does regexes feet in with the complexity ( O(f(n)) ).

another topic which might interest others, Graphs in Perl. I tries to use Graph::Base but could not compile it.
I will be happy to hear a lecture about implementation of Graphs in Perl . if most of us know the basic algorithms  (B.F.S,D.F.S,,belmn-ford,ect')
it will be interesting to see how can one translate this algorithms into readable Perl code.