[Israel.pm] Access to "-c" capabilities from within a Perl script

Gaal Yahas gaal at forum2.org
Mon Oct 25 09:41:06 PDT 2004

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 02:53:57PM +0200, Offer Kaye wrote:
> Is there a way to access this capability from within a Perl script, to
> try it on a piece of code in a string? E.g.:
>    use Syntax::Check;
>    syntax_check($code) or die "That code sucks big-time!\n";

On second thought, if your perl was compiled with multiplicity, perhaps
you could get away with using XS or Inline::C to call a c function *that
embeds another interpreter* and use that to try things. I'd check CPAN
because I vaguely recall that embedding perl from perl has already been
wrapped up somewhere.

--
Gaal Yahas <gaal at forum2.org>
http://gaal.livejournal.com/