[Israel.pm] Hebrew to UTF-8, completely out of ideas!

david istermann interDist at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 00:31:24 PDT 2004

> Are you sure it's not only in the output?
Yep, it's both in the output and in the resulting XML file.

> Did you do binmode(STDOUT, ":utf8") before printing?
I tried but the output stays the same.

> Also, what is the output of Encode::is_utf8 on $filepath?
TRUE after 'decode'...

Does anyone have a Win2K machine? If you do, can you please run the
following test:
create a share, put a file named 'בדיקה.doc' into it and open the file
accessing it from the share (\\my_comp\sharename\בדיקה.doc).
then run :
$data = `net files`;
and
print decode('windows-1255', $data), "\n";
What do you see?

Here it looks like "∩┐╜╞עΓא░ΓאפΓא₧.doc".

David.