[Israel.pm] whatsup forum

Shlomo Yona shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
Mon Oct 18 10:45:12 PDT 2004

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, amit sides wrote:

> what i wanted to say is just to open fourm on www.perl.org.il instead of
> tapuz
> and it can be great idea to drop this mailing list...

As there is no forum mechanisms on perl.org.il, I don't
understand how these two suggestions are comparable.

>> Sure, go ahead and start writing a forum.
>> I suggest that until your forum is ready and operational, we
>> use Tapuz.
>
> i didnt meant to write a HUGH fourm like phpBB or something like this...just
> simple thing
> just to write and unswer msgs on it.
> it was just a seggastion...

So tell me, how will the content be indexed for later
search?
I can ask more technical questions...
You see, this isn't a trivial task if it is done properly,
so it is a big deal to do it, and as I doubt that anyone on
the mailing list will volunteer to develop, deploy, maintain
and support such an application on perl.org.il, I suggested
Tapuz. You see, usually, people find it easy to suggest but
find it harder to deliver... Talk is cheap, what about some
action?

>> You can relax. I don't really believe that you will write a
>> forum (alone or with other mongers)... I think that you just
>> prefer to complain :-)
>>
> you dont even know me or what i can or cannot do.

Of course, I don't. No disrespect was ment.
I do however make an educated guess that you will not
develop or install and maintain a forum on perl.org.il. I
cannot be sure, but I'm pretty sure.

--
Shlomo Yona
shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il