[Israel.pm] Nargile

David Baird david.baird at cmcrossroads.com
Sun Oct 17 03:23:44 PDT 2004

I think that narghile would be the most acceptable name. The word hookah
is also well known, especially from Alice in Wonderland. However, it has
a negative connotation, as it also associated with the word bong, which
is slang for a hookah used for smoking an certain illicit and relaxing
substance. You may also consider other means of cooling off smoke, like
a flue, which utilizes a different and perhaps more appropriate
metaphor. Other word for running smoke tests: chimney, furnace, stove,
boiler and hearth.

-David