[Israel.pm] Running SQLplus within perl

Gabor Szabo gabor at perl.org.il
Wed Oct 13 07:12:43 PDT 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Prager, Mark wrote:

> 2. Is there a better way of using the perl to run SQL plus rather than the system command ?

OK, so you have already found the answer to the first question and the
solution to your current problem.

Regarding this second question I think a better way might be to install
DBD::Oracle on the machine where the Perl script runs and us DBI to
connect to the database.

It need more involved setup than your current system but might have other
advantages at least in the portability department.