[Israel.pm] Running SQLplus within perl

Prager, Mark Mprager at ndsisrael.com
Wed Oct 13 06:27:54 PDT 2004

Hi All -
I am have some problems ( as usual ) -
I have a script that builds an SQL file and then runs it from within the perl script using the system command -
e.g.

... create_SQL_script
system "sqlplus scott/tiger \@script.sql"

This runs fine on my linux machine.

However, if I try to run it via rsh - i.e. rsh host -l username "./topscript.pl" then the SQL does not run.

So my questions are thus:

1. Why ?
2. Is there a better way of using the perl to run SQL plus rather than the system command ?

Best Regards,

Mark Prager
I & T Engineer, Project Delivery
Binyan Mercazim, Room 514
NDS Technologies Israel Ltd.

5A Hamarpe Street
Har Hotzvim PO BOX 23012
Jerusalem 912235 Israel
Tel:+ 972-2-589-4264
Mob:+ 972-54-566-4264
Fax:+ 972-2-589-4725
mailto:mprager at ndsisrael.com
Information contained in this email message is intended only for use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the postmaster at nds.com and destroy the original message.