[Israel.pm] Who uses Perl in Israel ? - your help is needed

Gabor Szabo gabor at perl.org.il
Tue Oct 12 15:54:51 PDT 2004

There's a great myth out there that no one uses Perl. This is because Perl
tends to be a great stealth tool, being used in organisations where it's
needed with or without official approval.

In order to make more companies comfortable using Perl it is very
important to show them who else uses Perl. As we tend to prefer using
tools that people we know also use, it much is more convincing to see
other *Israeli* companies using Perl.

I am sure I don't have to tell anyone that having more companies using
Perl means more job opportunities for every one of us.

So I started to put together a list of companies using Perl along with a
few words what are they using it for.

      http://www.perl.org.il/misc.html#who_uses_perl

As you can see some of the companies are using it for "simple" system
administration tasks while others wrote their mission critical application
in Perl.

I'd like to ask you to send me a few word about what are you using
Perl for and in which company are you doing that. It does not matter
if you are using Perl only as a helper tool - most of us do that every
day - or it is used in the core technology of the company. They can
both be listed with the appropriate comment.

Gabor
http://www.szabgab.com/