[Israel.pm] Calling perl from C

Boaz Goldstein boaz.gezer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 10:06:59 PDT 2004

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 18:13:23 +0200, Yuval Marsiano
<yuval.marsiano at starcore-dsp.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could someone tell me what is the best way call from C, a perl subroutine, which is returning to the C module array of strings?
>
> Thanks
>         Yuval

the simple way:
to call use eval_pv()
have the perl subroutene store a refrence to the list in the global
variable $foo
to get the refrence use SV *bar=get_sv("main::foo",false);
use AV your_array = (AV *)SvRV(bar);
you now have your array of strings in your_array
you will need the perl api functions to handle it,
and it is still in perl memory so your changes will afect perl variables
enjoy

  boazg