[Israel.pm] YAPC and next meeting

Issac Goldstand margol at beamartyr.net
Tue Nov 30 04:30:48 PST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gabor Szabo" <gabor at pti.co.il>
To: "Perl in Israel" <perl at perl.org.il>
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 2:20 PM
Subject: Re: [Israel.pm] YAPC and next meeting

> On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, Issac Goldstand wrote:
>
>> Gabor,
>>   Is there any way to see what (if) we submitted as talk proposals?
>
> Everyone can see and modify his/her own proposals on the web site.
> If not, that's a bug :)

Then either I can't find the right place or there's a bug :-)  (Or I'm
suffering from memory problems and didn't submit a talk)

>> The truth is that I have a bunch of lectures which I *could* give, but:
>> 1) I'm afraid to commit because I may not have time to prepare more than
>> 1
>> 2) I want to hear other people too :-)
> selfish

1) Guilty as charged :-)
2) The incentive to do a lecture is free admission to hear other lectures.
If I'm talking all day, I don't get to hear anyone else so free enterence is
no incentive

>> 3) Almost noone told me what they'd like me to talk about
> come to the next meeting in Ramat Gan and bring some hardware to persuade
> others to tell their preferences.
*grins* I'd tell you that I will come there when you come to Jerusalem,
except that you already did.  I'll try to come more when I get a car
(donations welcome)

  Yitzchak