[Israel.pm] font issue with executable perl/Tk when run on box without perl on it.

manora manora at netvision.net.il
Sun Nov 28 09:58:31 PST 2004

While using Perl" I've created an exe file for use on computer that
doesn't contain Perl. Activating the application caused on one computer
appearance of small rectangles instead of regular fonts. On another
computer Chinese fonts appeared.

What I did was:

1. I install PAR
2. pp -p my_perl_TK_script.pl  # where my_perl_TK_script.pl is the perl
script. 3. parl -b -Omy_perl_TK_script.exe my_per_TK_script.par  #
creates the executable with all the modules.

While using Perl" I've created an exe file for use on computer that
doesn't contain Perl. Activating the application caused on one computer
appearance of small rectangles instead of regular fonts. On another
computer Chinese fonts appeared.

On my box with perl/tk it work fine.

What I did was:

1. I install PAR  # the perl archive toolkit
2. pp -p my_perl_TK_script.pl  # where my_perl_TK_script.pl is the
script.
3. parl -b -Omy_perl_TK_script.exe my_per_TK_script.par  # creates the
executable with all the modules.

Any help will appreciated,

Arik manor

manora at netvision.net.il