[Israel.pm] Setting environment variables in PERL

Prager, Mark Mprager at ndsisrael.com
Mon Nov 22 08:31:55 PST 2004

Hi All -
I want to try and set a new environment variable within one perl script and use it within another.
I have looked up various sources - yet when I try - it fails -

I do:

Use Env;
$ENV('NEW_ENV_VARIABLE') = $my_value;

but it fails - any ideas ?

I am using: "This is perl, v5.6.1 built for i386-linux"

In the second script - I want to be able to read this environment variable and use it.

Thanks in Advance -

Mark
Information contained in this email message is intended only for use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the postmaster at nds.com and destroy the original message.