[Israel.pm] off-topic: linkedin connections

Shlomo Yona shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
Tue Nov 16 22:11:09 PST 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Oron Peled wrote:

> I recently got an invitation from someone I know and silently
> dropped it. The "value proposition" of this kind of site looks
> very skewed to me.

I think it is useful as I see people I like to make contact
with and then I see who are the people I know that are in
touch with them.

No one forces me to approach them through linkedin. The
advantage, as I see it, is that I can learn the connections
without bothering all my friends all the time, and bother
only the ones that can really help after doing all the
"research" myself.

Shlomo Yona
shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il