[Israel.pm] off-topic: linkedin connections

Shlomo Yona shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il
Tue Nov 16 22:11:09 PST 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Oron Peled wrote:

> I recently got an invitation from someone I know and silently
> dropped it. The "value proposition" of this kind of site looks
> very skewed to me.

I think it is useful as I see people I like to make contact
with and then I see who are the people I know that are in
touch with them.

No one forces me to approach them through linkedin. The
advantage, as I see it, is that I can learn the connections
without bothering all my friends all the time, and bother
only the ones that can really help after doing all the
"research" myself.

--
Shlomo Yona
shlomo at cs.haifa.ac.il