[Israel.pm] Has anyone compared Win ActiveState Perl to Linux Perl ?

Mosh M mosh1747 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 14 05:09:03 PST 2004

Hi There !

For company reasons, I'll be probably forced to have Windows 2K/XP  :(   as
my "dev area" for developing a system that should support win32 apps, with
very strong relation to networking (L2-4,7).

My questions are:

1. What problems have you people found with AS Perl?
2. How fast is Linux Perl compared with AS Perl?
3. How much of CPAN works okay with AS Perl ? what about the PPM
4. For people who have used both, which do you prefer, and why?
5. What functionality does Linux Perl have that AS Perl does not and vice

Any post will be appreciate !
Thanks in advanced,