[Israel.pm] ANN: SVN::RaWeb::Light

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Thu Nov 11 02:24:35 PST 2004

Hi all!

I recently coded and uploaded to CPAN the module SVN::RaWeb::Light :

http://search.cpan.org/dist/SVN-RaWeb-Light/

What this module does is display a possibly remote Subversion repository given
as a URL in a fashion similar to the default Subversion HTTP browser[1].

The reason I created it was that all the web-interfaces I tried that could
work with a remote repository performed a lot of queries to the repository
and so were very slow. This is while everything I wanted is something similar
to the default web-interface.

It has one improvement over the default web-interface, and this is that you
can specify a revision of the repository, other than the most recent one,
with the rev CGI parameter.

Note that I uploaded version 0.2.1 of this module to CPAN with some bug-fixes
but version 0.2.0 is still usable.

[1] - See for example:

http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/
http://stalker.iguide.co.il:8080/svn/shlomif-homepage/