[Israel.pm] Perl Refactoring?

Roee Friedman roee_fr at netvision.net.il
Sun Nov 7 02:31:32 PST 2004

I have two recommendations.

One on a book: *Perl Medic: Transforming Legacy Code (Addison wesley)*,
which is a good reading and full of advices, regarding your and many
oither problems in legacy code.

The other is of course, use perl. I did it on a very large code base of
C/C++, which contained a lot of obsolete h files, pre-processor
#defines, unused variables and such.

Since "only Perl can parse perl", I do not think that a lint -tool for
Perl was ever written, but perl itself can  be used.

If there is a specific module was written, I'd love to hear.

Roee