[Israel.pm] YAPC talk proposals

David Baird david.baird at cmcrossroads.com
Sat Nov 6 23:34:32 PST 2004

> * Perl Web Services (60-90 minutes - This would probably be
> an intro to
> SOAP::Lite (0.60 - maybe with some 0.65 features if I have
> neough time to
> learn them well) - a bulk of the lecture would probably need
> to be spent
> introducing background topics of SOAP, XML-RPC, WSDL, etc.  Also an
> explanation of how loose binding makes web services in Perl
> so much easier
> than in most other languages)

This topic would probably require three lectures:

* Introduction to web services, XML-RPC and SOAP and a simple client
script
* Creating a web service with SOAP in Perl
* Examination of living and breathing web service and clients

Such a series would comprise a "track" in the YAPC. It might also
attract a different interest group to each, like I'd like to go to a
lecture on the last topic, since I am well versed in the first two.

-David