[Israel.pm] man2html server

Shahar Evron shahar at mattat.co.il
Mon Nov 1 11:28:36 PST 2004

Acctually, I didn't expect anyone to be interested in this, but anyone
who wants to take a look, the script is at
http://calypso.no-ip.org/manomatic.pl.txt

I'd love to hear some remarks / suggestions, about anything, including
style, syntax etc, since I'm kind of newbie.

The script uses man2html now, but I'd like to write something (module??)
to translate man pages (nroff, or troff, I didn't really understand...)
to HTML, or even better XML.

Shlomo Yona wrote:

>> Did anyone come accross something like that before? Does anyone think
>> this sort of thing is woth further development? If anyone does, I'll
>> get the code (it's a very short program right now...) somewhere online.
>

> I'd like to hear about the program during one of the
> meetings.
>
> Would you consider this?

Hmm.. I think it's a very simple beginner level program, plus I've never
been to any of the meetings (I lived to far untill recently...), so I
guess I should come as a listener first before I talk...

Shahar.