[Israel.pm] man2html server

Offer Kaye offer.kaye at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 04:28:50 PST 2004

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 14:06:15 +0200, Shahar Evron <shahar at mattat.co.il> wrote:

> Did anyone come accross something like that before? Does anyone think
> this sort of thing is woth further development? If anyone does, I'll get
> the code (it's a very short program right now...) somewhere online.
>
> Shahar.

If you use (a relatively new) KDE, you can type in Konqueror's URL bar:
   man:/command
to get the man page for "command". Such things as "info:/" and
"perldoc:/" are also available. See this article for more info:
http://osdir.com/Article2159.phtml

In the realm of Perl, there is Pod::Webserver
(http://search.cpan.org/dist/Pod-Webserver/), which after you
installation and running a little script, allows you top point to:
   http://localhost:8020/
and read your local POD pages (or at least everything in @INC).
There's also something similiar for Apache, I forget the name of the
module...

So if you're looking for existing functionality, it's there :-)
However, there's no "Man::Webserver" module, so that could be a nice
addition to CPAN... ;-)

Offer Kaye