[Israel.pm] fast parsing

Gaal Yahas gaal at forum2.org
Mon May 31 06:18:25 PDT 2004

Does anybody know of c parsers embedded in perl?

I'm looking to speed up a parser currently generated by
Parse::RecDescent. The parser builds Perl objects, which is probably a
source of slowness since most of the time these are torn down soon after
they're constructed when a production fails, and I'd better fix that,
but as long as I'm rewriting my grammar I thought I may as well be using
a faster parser in the first place. Unfortunately, it's hard to profile
this sort of thing, so hopefully one of you has experience in this?

BTW, yes Inline is an option. But I'm reluctant to write the glue
myself.

--
Gaal Yahas <gaal at forum2.org>
http://gaal.livejournal.com/