[Israel.pm] Building a threaded server using Perl?

Yuval Yaari yuval at windax.com
Sun May 30 04:15:09 PDT 2004

"IO::Epoll - Scalable IO Multiplexing for Linux 2.5.44 and higher" -
that new? :)
I'm not sure I want to compile 2.6 on that server... Though I do run it
at home and I love it.

Also, why should I prefer IO::Poll over IO::Select ?
I think they both share the same problems.

I need my server to handle 100 and 10,000 clients without users (usually
CLI users) noticing the speed differences (excluding the bandwidth -
that's not up to me anymore :)).
s/10,000/max concurrent requests without the server going up in flames/;

  --Yuval

P.S: Load balancer and sharing all the data via multicast is not an
option unless you pay for the equipment :)
P.P.S: Freely assume Linux - we're not running anything else.