[Israel.pm] Next/Previous item from database

Omer Zak omerz at actcom.co.il
Tue May 25 14:38:24 PDT 2004

What widget are you using to display the words?
Maybe you can store extra data in the widget's data structures and
retrieve it back later?

If your widget is a piece of HTML code, then you can add to each field
displaying the word two hidden fields - one holding the previous word
and one holding the next word.
When the user presses NEXT or PREV button, have the button send to the
server the contents of the hidden field corresponding to the selected word.

Gabor Szabo wrote:
> I have an SQL database with a few words in it. It has a web
> interface to search among the words. Once I found a subset of
> words it displays them all and I can select one of them.
>>From that point I'd like to be able to go to the Next or the
> Previous word within my subset. Asking the user to click on
> the next or the previous radio button in the displayed list
> is not in the solution set.

DISCLAIMER:  I am not fluent in client-side scripting languages and I
don't know if they have unexpected gotchas or limitations, which prevent
the above idea from being realized.
                                              --- Omer
I may be affiliated in any way.