[Israel.pm] perl5.8.4, mod_perl, dynamic loading, debian

Gaal Yahas gaal at forum2.org
Thu May 20 02:23:34 PDT 2004

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 12:08:00PM +0300, Issac Goldstand wrote:
> Absolutely - if you built Perl (or Apache in a DSO install) by hand, you
> must build your own mod_perl...  On the other hand, if you upgraded to Perl
> via a binary package, you should be able to find an updated binary package
> for mod_perl (which should depend on Perl).  If you don't you may consider
> being a nice guy and rolling your own :-)

(No, I specifically *don't* want DSO mod_perl.)

Okay: you're basically saying the binary packages in Debian unstable are
screwed. I think I'll be a nice guy and report that as a bug, and if it
doesn't get fixed soon, rebuild from source.

This is peculiar, by the way. I've gone through numerous apt-get
dist-upgrades that upped perl or apache, and so far none have broken
either. I'd expect a problem, if it existed, to be spotted and fixed
almost immediately: but in this case the breakage has gone on for over
a week. This is the fact that caused me to suspect some misconfiguration
on my own system.

--
Gaal Yahas <gaal at forum2.org>
http://gaal.livejournal.com/