[Israel.pm] perl5.8.4, mod_perl, dynamic loading, debian

Gaal Yahas gaal at forum2.org
Thu May 20 01:47:17 PDT 2004

I too have installation issues!

I'm using apache-perl (non-DSO mod_perl) on Debian unstable. Ever
since I moved to 5.8.4 (or was it 5.8.4-2? Or was it one of the support
modules? I'm uncertain) I get this error in the apache logs when I try
to access a mod_perl handled page:

Can't load module Apache::Request, dynamic loading not available in this perl.
  (You may need to build a new perl executable which either supports
  dynamic loading or has the Apache::Request module statically linked into it.)
 at /usr/lib/perl5/mod_perl.pm line 14 Compilation failed in require at [.....]

FWIW, this produces no error: perl -MApache::Request -e1 (but maybe this
isn't indicative if there's lazy loading going on?)

Versions:

apache-perl         1.3.29.0.2-7
perl                5.8.4-2
libperl-dev         5.8.4-2
libapache-mod-perl  1.29.0.2-7

I'm sad to see that the -X option that I seem to remember was once available
is gone from apache, so I can't even strace this :(  Ideas, anyone?

--
Gaal Yahas <gaal at forum2.org>
http://gaal.livejournal.com/