[Israel.pm] Generating Excel Documents with Pie Charts?

Yuval Yaari yuval at windax.com
Wed May 12 05:44:30 PDT 2004

I didn't even consider using COM (it's just that this article reminded
me of the subject).
And neither Crossover Office nor OpenOffice...

I was thinking about Spreadsheet::WriteExcel, but it can't generate graphs.
I'll quote the docs:
"Also, here are some of the most requested features that probably won't
get added:
Graphs.

The format is documented but it would require too much work to
implement. It would also require too much work to design a useable
interface to the hundreds of features in an Excel graph. So that's two
too much works. Nevertheless, I do hope to *try* implement graphs.
However, it is a long term goal. It won't be available for at least 6
months, even if you read this in 6 months time."

Anyway, that's the kind of solution I'm hoping for.
It probably doesn't exist, anyway.

  --Yuval