[Israel.pm] hi, need help in module which open socket between client to server

Gabor Szabo gabor at pti.co.il
Fri May 7 13:03:54 PDT 2004

On Tue, 18 May 2004, [UNKNOWN] ìéàú wrote:

> hellow,
> I need to create a module which open a socket between client to a server,
> (after i checked already that the server is alive) .
> when the socket is opened the client would be abale to read from the server
> ,and also write to it.
> I think it should be in UDP protocol  in order to allow the transfer of
> data.

Are you talking about some well known protocol (e.g tftp which is over
UDP) or is this some special purpose protocol for data transfere ?
For the former most likely there is a module that already implements it
and you don't need to go to low level socket programming.

What kind of network protocol are you talking about ?