[Israel.pm] hi, need help in module which open socket between client to server

Yuval Yaari yuval at windax.com
Fri May 7 13:36:19 PDT 2004

ìéàú said:

> hellow,
> I need to create a module which open a socket between client to a
> server, (after i checked already that the server is alive) .
> when the socket is opened the client would be abale to read from the
> server ,and also write to it.
> I think it should be in UDP protocol  in order to allow the transfer of
> data.

Last time I checked TCP was also able to transfer data... :)
Please elaborate on why you think UDP should be used.
Hopefully you can tell the difference between the two...

> I will be very grateful,if anyone can recommend me on a good module he
> knows, or even sending me some example you have on this subject

IO::Socket::INET...
If you really want some examples (after you've read the perldoc, that is)
I could send some stuff on Sunday.
But the docs really give you all the information you need.
Reading/writing from/to the server is really simple.

  --Yuval